It is such an amazing invention by Wright that was trying to make another kind of rubber but accidentally made something that is great for the children. This invention is already made for other kinds of toys like plastic eggs which are commonly use during Easter celebration. The kids will for sure enjoy it if you can make your own silly putty right at home.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A mixing bowl it may be big and small bowl
- Elmer’s Glue
- Food Coloring
- Plastic bags with zipped lock
- Have all the ingredients that you need a make sure that everything is with the right amount of measurements. It is very important to have borax which is commonly found in detergents of it can also be seen in groceries which can be bought by anybody. Make sure that you have the glue, coloring, and the water which will serve as the solvent for all the solid ingredients.
- In a bowl mix 2 tsbp. of the borax and half cup of water, it needs to be lukewarm and still until the water and borax are properly mixed together.
- In another bowl that you have, you need to combine 1/4 cup of the Elmer’s glue and a cup of water and stir properly. Put the food coloring whatever color you desire to have. Mix properly together.
- Combine the mixture in both bowls and mix carefully. Put the mixture in a well zipped lock plastic and secure it properly and avoid extra air in the pockets which can affect the results of the solution.
- Carefully knead mixture together with the hands and fingers until you will notice it to be well blended with each other on a flat surface area.
- It is very important that you can properly combine the solution to have an equal distribution of the colors in the zipped lock plastic.
- If you want some other variations like, if you want to make the mixture with less rubbery and it is slimy. You need to use alcohol instead of using glue. All the variation can be change if you want to have more idea with other ingredients is to search it in the internet and add more ingredients so that your outcome will be much exciting for the children to play with.
- You can experiment with the colors so that you will be able to have exciting colors for parties and events at home.
Filed Under: Arts & Entertainment
About the Author: Cody Riffel is a regular contributor to MegaHowTo. She likes to write on variety of topics, whatever interests her. She also likes to share what she learns over the Internet and her day-to-day life.