Comfort food means good and delicious food and southern meatloaf is one of them. There are many people that truly love the marvelous taste of this kind of meatloaf which you can definitely make one right at home. All you need to do it just follow the simple steps and learn how to do it all by your self.
Homemade southern meatloaf is always good to have especially if you have all your family visit your house during the vacations season. With the vast influence of the internet there are already different kinds of variations you can have when you want to try cooking your own homemade southern meatloaf. You can enjoy putting other and extra delicious taste to your past ordinary meatloaf. You can be creative and try different flavors you cannot resist on your dining table when it is served.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2 pounds ground beef or pork
- 1/2 c to 1 c of bread crumbs, it should be fresh
- 1 to 2 pcs. of eggs beaten slightly
- 1/2 size onion and it should be diced
- 2 pcs. glove of garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 slice of delicious bacon
- 2 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- There are different and other ingredients you can have to put it in the regular southern meatloaf that you know. This is for other people that love to have variations on there meatloaf. It depends on what you can have for and best suits your families taste.
- The first thing you need to do is to preheat your oven to 150 degrees and you need to put into mind that it will only take 20 minutes so that you can heat the oven so you need to move fast and double time on mixing the ingredients.
- You need to soak the bread crumbs into the milk until the bread absorbs the milk it must be soaked for about 5 minutes.
- Mix all together all the dry ingredients that you have including the bread crumb mixture that you have. Carefully mix together all the ingredients and place it properly in a baking pan.
- You can enjoy your meatloaf with many other great dressings in the market. You can have these different kinds of sauces like tomato sauce, mushroom sauce, sour cream or cheese sauce which will make your meatloaf one of the best meal in your feast.
- Enjoy every inch of the meatloaf if it is made with love and made from generations to generations in the family.
Filed Under: Food & Cooking
About the Author: Leona Kesler is a head-chef at a very popular food restaurant in New York. Also she is a blogger who shares her experiences, tips, and other informative details about food and cooking. Her recipes are featured on many magazines.