Puffy eyes tend to give you a very weary and tired look. These act a major factor in degrading your outer appearance. If you are a victim of puffiness surrounding your eyes, follow these steps to correct the same:
- Hydrate your skin. Dehydration is one of the most basic causes of puffiness in eyes. Maintain the glow and radiance of your facial skin by consuming a minimum of 8 glasses of water in one day. Each time you consume coffee or even soda, add another two glasses of water to your total to counter the effect.
- Sleep for sufficient number of hours. Puffy eyes can also be a sign of lack of sleep. Take notice the next time you sleep for inadequate hours that your eyes will have dark circles the next day. So make it a point to get a healthy sleep of eight hours to maintain fitness of your body and beauty of your eyes.
- Take care to avoid certain things. Cigarette smoke includes certain toxins that deplete the levels of vitamin C in the body. Thus, smoking will give you puffy and bloodshot eyes. To give up smoking is the best thing you may do for your whole body. Other than this, also try avoiding caffeine and sodium rich foods. These things cause water retention, thus reducing water levels in the body and giving you puffy eyes.
- Decrease stress levels. High levels of stress can also cause puffiness in your eyes; so try to lessen your stress as much as possible. Try and learn to give others some responsibilities and also train yourself to say “no”. Success in career and high achievements are worth it only if you can maintain your health to celebrate these and to venture ahead.
- Tap the puffy area beneath your eyes. The basic cause for puffiness is the accumulation of fluids in the area beneath your eyes. So tap this area with your fingertips. This will dispense the fluids in your complete face.
- Pamper your eyes. Take some cold slices of cucumber and put them on your eyes for a minimum of five minutes. Go ahead and try potato slices, moist tea bags, cool water compress, or even an ice pack instead of the cucumber slices.
- Splash your face with cold water. Cold water not only rejuvenates and livens up your eyes but also enhances circulation in the face.
- Give yourself regular computer breaks. Working on a computer for the whole day and staring on its screen can do much harm to the eyes. After every thirty minutes, give yourself a break and concentrate your vision on any object that is at a distance of twenty feet from you. Close your eyes, and use the bottom of your palms to massage them gently. All these acts will give rest to your eyes and make them fresh.
- Make use of anti-allergy medication. Visit a doctor and try to know if the puffy eyes are due to some allergic reactions. In such a case, purchase an antihistamine to reduce the itching and swelling.
These are a few steps that will help you to cure yourself of puffy eyes and give you vibrant and lively eys. Wish these steps work out for you! All the best!
Filed Under: Health & Personal Care
About the Author: Andrew Reinert is a health care professional who loves to share different tips on health and personal care. He is a regular contributor to MegaHowTo and lives in Canada.