Online writing careers and business opportunities stand among today’s most popular trends. Many company owners also provide jobs for those who chose to work at home through the Internet. Freelance writing companies offer various services to different or one a single, high-volume client. To attract more patrons for these kinds of writing services, consider creating your own website—the quickest way for you to get the attention of those seeking these kinds of services. Emphasize your specialties, work samples and credentials.
- Since you will work in the comfort of your own home, you must allot a space for your mini-home office. Try to create a space of your own where you can really think and strategize or write your articles. You will also need a place for your notepads, creative books and research materials that might prove useful. Make your office a good place to work by posting a poster that can serve as a source of inspiration or goal, such as one of your dream car or a simple painting that sets the tone to achieve what you hope to accomplish.
- Acquire a webpage for your business. Make it as informative as you can. It should contain your contact information, the kinds of services you offer, a few samples of your work, and a simple article about yourself for clients to read.
- Interact with other online business owners. Join forums and blogs, provide useful comments, and offer feedback. You might also want to let your friends spread the news about your website as well as the services your webpage offers. Invite them to check it out so they can share it with others.
- Your first client might pave the way for more projects. Impress your initial clients by providing exactly what they want with the quality they expect from the service you provide. Devote extra time and focus to please your first clients. The impression you may create can prove vital for the next company or employer that might seek your expertise.
- Setting up a deal or negotiation remains an important part of a business to secure a project. This type of investment can gain the customer’s trust. You might want to offer a special free-of-charge service for the first few articles or project for a potential client. Once you gain the client’s trust and have established your credibility, you can usually easily establish your desired.
- Consider checking out the common rates other writers charge for their services. This will assist you in establishing appropriate rates and ensuring you work within the proper framework for the services you provide so you do not over- or underprice your services.
Filed Under: Work & Careers
About the Author: Justin Belden is a freelance web & graphic designer with over 15 years' experience. He is also an Avid member of the Design/Development community and a Serial Blogger who loves to help people by sharing interesting and informative tips and trick related to computer and technology.