Webcalendar is a calendar system that is based on PHP platform. Webcalendar is configured for single user by default. However, it can also be configured for multiple users so that other people can view the calendar. This allows another staff or user to manage the calendar. Users can also submit new events through the Webcalendar application. Users can view the calendar in an iCalendar compatible application such as Mozilla Sunbird, and Apple iCal. It can also be viewed in an application that allows RSS. It is XHTML and CSS compliant. It is very easy to install on your website through Fantatisco in Cpanel. In order to install Webcalendar, your hosting must have a database feature such as MySQL, ODBC, PostgreSQL. Webcalendar is suitable for use as a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly event organizer. It also can support 30 languages including Bulgarian, Polish, German, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Greek, Turkish, Hungarian and etc. Other features that you can configure within Webcalendar include time zone, font family, date format, time format, auto refresh time, displaying of small task list, displaying tasks in calendars and the default category.
Webcalendar has many features. Webcalendar can automatically email the user about the upcoming events. It will also inform the user through email about a new, updated or deleted event. User can also export a calendar from Webcalendar to iCalendar, vCalendar or Palm. You can also set the access so that other people can view the calendar without having to enter the username and password. This is useful for an event calendar. Webcalendar supports RSS therefore people can subscribe to the calendar. The RSS feature is only available in WebCalendar 1.1.
If you want to install WebCalendar through cPanel, follow the instructions below:
1. On the homepage of your cPanel, click on the Fantastico icon. This will take you to the home page of Fantastico.
2. Click on WebCalendar in the Other Scripts section on the left Navigation bar.
3. Click on New Installation.
4. Select the domain from the drop down menu.
5. Enter the name of the directory where you want to install WebCalendar in the Install in directory textbox. If you want to install it on the homepage, leave the textbox empty.
6. Enter a username in the Administrator username textbox.
7. Enter a password in the Password textbox.
8. Enter your name in the Admin name textbox.
9. Enter your last name in the Admin last name text box.
10. Enter the email address in the Admin e-mail.
11. When you are done, click the Install WebCalendar button.
12. Click the Finish Installation button.
13. WebCalendar is now successfully installed.
By following the guide above, you should be able to install Webcalendar quickly on your website.
Filed Under: Computers & Technology
About the Author: Justin Belden is a freelance web & graphic designer with over 15 years' experience. He is also an Avid member of the Design/Development community and a Serial Blogger who loves to help people by sharing interesting and informative tips and trick related to computer and technology.