PHPauction is online auction software that allows you to create a web based auction platform. An auction is the process of selling by allowing users to bid, and make an offer. The user that offers the highest amount of money will be the winning bidder and the item will be sold him. PHPauction is the application software that allows your website to handle a live auction. It also provides a way where sellers can upload their items for sale to auction it on the website and let other people bid on it.
PHPauction offers many features. On the homepage, users can display their own logo. It also allows Google Adsense advertisements and banners to show in the header. You can also opt to display the numbers of registered users, users on line and the current time on the home page. Other features that you can add to the homepage of your auction site include Sell an item link, Register now link, Message board link, Web stores link, Quick search box, featured auctions, latest auctions, auctions ending soon list, auctions that has the highest bidding, language selection, users login fields, forgot password options.
PHPauction let users to select a category for the auction item. Users can also give a title and description for their auction items. There is also an additional item specification fields to show more details about the auction item. Seller can upload images of the auction item for buyers to view. PHPauction allows sellers to set a selling price, reserve price, bid increment and buy now price. Other selling features include auction relisting, shipping costs, zip code, payment methods accepted, and a you tube video field.
If you want to install PHPauction through cPanel, follow the instructions below:
- 1. On the homepage of your cPanel, click on the Fantastico icon. This will take you to the home page of Fantastico.
- 2. Click on PHPauction in the Other Scripts section on the left Navigation bar.
- Click on the New Installation.
- Select the domain from the drop down menu.
- Enter the name of the directory where you want to install PHPauction in the Install in directory textbox. If you want to install it on the homepage, leave the textbox empty.
- Enter the username in the Administrator username textbox.
- Enter the password in the Password text box.
- Enter the name of your website in the Site name text box.
- Enter an email address in the Admin e-mail text box.
- Specify the maximum size of image that you allow your members to upload in bytes.
- When you are done, click the Install PHPauction button.
- Click the Finish Installation button.
- PHPauction is now successfully installed.
By following the steps above, you will be able to install PHPauction on your website through Cpanel.
Filed Under: Computers & Technology
About the Author: Justin Belden is a freelance web & graphic designer with over 15 years' experience. He is also an Avid member of the Design/Development community and a Serial Blogger who loves to help people by sharing interesting and informative tips and trick related to computer and technology.