You know how to change the battery of an iPod Shuffle if the battery’s power drains off quickly. The iPod Shuffle batteries which can no longer charge are an indication that the battery must be replaced. The following steps detailed down cover how to change 3rd generation battery of an iPod Shuffle.
- Remove away the covering of the iPod Shuffle. The main body of 3rd generation iPod shuffle consists of metal covering and plastic coverings. First, you must separate the metal covering from its front plastic covering. For removing purpose use a blunt flat plastic tool. Now, hold one side of iPod with thumb and the index fingers to gently squeeze down the metal covering in upward direction. Then you can see a small gap opened in between the metal covering and the plastic cover. Now, insert the flat tip of plastic tool in the small gap. Lay down the iPod parts on the working table and work carefully with the tools. Once done, gently and carefully remove the metal covering. Inside the iPod there will be one ribbon on the left top corner. This ribbon inside the iPod connects the coverings. Finally after opening the iPod, be sure that the ribbon underneath doesn’t get torn off. So lay down the opened iPod shuffle with bottom covering attached and top facing down.
- Take out the iPod’s hard drive. Then, carefully and softly lift off the drive to remove it out. In order to do these gently, hold on the upper part of the drive and then pull it towards your side at an angle of 90-degrees. After doing it, you will see a logic board in brass-colored attached. Pull out the logic board making sure that it is yet attached to the drive while doing this. Take out the logic board – hard drive combination and set it aside safely.
- Remove the iPod Shuffle’s battery. First, you will find a connector at the iPod Shuffle’s right corner facing down. After doing this, the battery can be taken out easily.
- The iPod Shuffle’s battery can now be installed. You will find the iPod Shuffle’s battery from the box. Take the battery out. Then, the connector is installed to the right side of the device facing down. Double check whether the cable which is red in color is facing the device’s front side. After doing this, the battery can be installed in its slot. Insert the wire in after that.
- After that, you need to put back everything together. First lay the logic board carefully underneath. Then install the hard drive. The coverings are replaced by squeezing them together with care. The device is powered on to be sure of its working. Lastly, the iPod Shuffle is turned off and the battery is charged for 3 hours.
Filed Under: Computers & Technology
About the Author: Justin Belden is a freelance web & graphic designer with over 15 years' experience. He is also an Avid member of the Design/Development community and a Serial Blogger who loves to help people by sharing interesting and informative tips and trick related to computer and technology.