Working away from home can prove time consuming, which is why working online has grown quite popular among those both inclined and skilled in writing. You can earn a living from writing, including the field of abstract writing. If you want to earn an extra paycheck to assist in managing your bills, build your skills in this area.
- Abstract writing stands as a part of article writing. Consider this as a door opener for an online writing career. A style unknown to many writers, this proves a profitable for earning extra cash for many aspiring freelancers.
- Abstract article writing involves crafting a brief introduction on a certain subject or topic. The style of this writing type lets you hook the reader with the topic’s generalities so you the reader can decide whether she wants to further delve into it. For example, when you look for a certain topic on the Internet, most prefer to peruse only a few lines or general overview to glean what they can from the article. These few lines function as the topic’s abstract. In many instances readers must log in or pay to consume the rest of the content.
- You can also find abstract writing on free website on the Internet, often written in many different ways. You can earn cash by just simply writing an abstract for a certain article topic and posting it to a specific website.
- This kind of writing has three pros: it entices the reader to “go to” the site for more resources; it keeps the website’s name on the top list; and it provides a quicker reference through search engine optimization or SEO.
- All good written abstracts get included on certain websites and directories in search engines for faster access. This enables more surfers to check them our and find more references.
- Include a list of abstracts you’ve written on your website or blog. This will encourage people to click on them and browse further. Provide a short but concise synopsis or overview about the subject, making it interesting and informative for the reader.
- Draft some samples of abstracts that number about 50 words. Sometimes you might need to increase that to 100 to 200 words. These should be brief and concise, taking you no more than 15 to 20 minutes.
- Propose this kind of work to clients. They may not know how abstract writing can work as an advantage for their businesses. Review step one as you strive to get them see how it works and what they can get out of it.
Many clients will find it surprising how fabulously this idea can help them improve Internet business. At the same time, abstract writing proves less expensive than fully written articles. Among the most acknowledged forms of Web content, it provides straightforward, updated and significant information for a variety of sites.
Filed Under: Computers & Technology
About the Author: Justin Belden is a freelance web & graphic designer with over 15 years' experience. He is also an Avid member of the Design/Development community and a Serial Blogger who loves to help people by sharing interesting and informative tips and trick related to computer and technology.